View Single Post
Old 2013-05-08, 10:06   Link #490
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
In response to that:

1. Rec and Goshujin-sama were both titles that were done without Shinbou's involvement (with Goshujin-sama being a joint effort with Gainax);

2. It's Soultaker, not Soul Eater;

3. In terms of Soultaker, SHAFT wasn't involved in it, but Shinbou was, and even then he was only involved in the regular series, not the Komugi spin-off.
I stand corrected on these pesky details which don't really change the point I was making

Oh! as for (3) that was my point... SoulEaterTaker was awesome, but then Shinbou/SHAFT shipped the franchise to KyoAni for moeblob-milking, as usual

Back to Nana, I am pretty sure that leaving all these rumors hover about an upcoming anime was definitely intentional (like Shina Dark), in order to get more people interested in the franchise, whether it eventually led into an anime or just more rip-off viral marketing. And let me be more clear that I don't blame the studio for planning it, but for submitting to those that did so... therefore the examples I gave... SHAFT suffers from the "we are a tiny studio with potential" syndrome, submitting to money, despite being able to stay true to its principles, GAINAX and KyoAni are other examples with different symptoms, but the same cause.