View Single Post
Old 2009-05-07, 20:21   Link #25
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
O.o
*skips over wall of text*
@ kaoru - Methinks the idea for the use of spoilers even for present information, is simply out of common courtesy. Since people post and talk about different aspects of an episode in various degrees of detail, a spoiler gives someone a choice to want to know more if they wish, rather than having the choice taken away from them and their eyes happen to read a piece of info they'd rather have not known.

As I said earlier, this episode will probably appeal to the H&C fanbase who're following this series a hell of a lot more.
Since I generally dislike shojo stories, with the angst, angst, love triangles, the 'he loves me, he loves me not' and the rest of it, it was awesome to have the rug pulled from beneath my feet for this episode, rather than coming out with a 'it was obvious, meh' kinda feeling.
I'm not aware of the conventions used in H&C for character art (eg: the entire oval cheek blushing thing to give their feelings away) - so going in blind for most part, prefer it that way.
My expectance was more for things like episode 4 (the sci-fi GITS like apect), the intrigue, the game, the murder and the suspense, given that's its Kamiyama who wrote the story.
So to have this soap drama of an episode was kinda like a:
Wha... is this the same series? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Anyway, a big thank you to Akira for what he did do this ep - to help cheer up Saki. Seeing a depressed Saki is rather depressing - to this viewer anyway.
Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like Saki much?
Here's a girl who in just 5 days (in their real time) has stayed out all night with a stranger, lied to her sister, asked her friends to lie on her behalf, has a thing for her bro-in-law and strings one of her mates along for ages.
There's nothing about her that appeals to me (yet), she's too passive for most part, although I will give her kudos for asking Akira out for tea, since that takes guts, lol.
To simply say 'she's sweet and cute', just earns a scoff from me, I'm afraid.

I can't help but think this episode terribly bittersweet, it'll probably sting for all the "nice guys" out there, since Akira falls into that stereotypical category of the:

"Dark, handsome guy, with a mysterious air, a potentially dark and dangerous past, who's just really laid back but has this air of 'coolness' about him and seems like he'd be fun just to hang out."
He's the 'bad boy' who isn't necessarily good for you, but sure does makes things exciting and can sweep you off your feet.

I was kinda sold on him from his 'I'm a terrorist' line from the trailer.
His voice, delivery and body language at that moment was just like... humina~
What can I say...
Seems Saki feels the same way from all the angsting she did in ep 4 anyways and calling him 'her prince (charming)' in ep 1...
He's intriguing and my curious is seriously piqued. The more we get to know about him and gain an affinity for his 'new persona' of his, the more we find out just how dangerous his former self was, I'm kinda conflicted here, but definitely can't wait to see how it pans out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
I could not stop squealing...and smiling C: but then I felt devasted afterwords.

I dunno what else to say.
My heart broke for Osugi, it well and truly did.
To say 'i feel sorry for him' doesn't justify it at all especially when he ended up screaming,
'If she was already interested in someone else, why didn't she just <expletive> tell me?!'
(Damn straight)
Tears kinda brimmed there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
How long is this series?
isn't it a bit too early for em kissing?
0_o
I thought the same thing xD
Short series, yes, but given the circumstances which it occurred.... Akira... well I mentioned the 'bad boy' thing earlier.

@ hamstar - I could deny your statement, but since it seems you've made up your mind regardless, there's probably very little point, since it is a justified allegation given how vague I write things each week.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-05-07 at 20:46.