View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 07:55   Link #198
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
There are several things at work I think. There is the basic wish fulfillment concept. "What if a normal kid, all of a sudden had amazing powers, what would he do with it?". The backbone of many superhero stories and it's been around for while (I think Stan Lee's Spiderman was the first in 62?) .
Funny enough, nobody seems to point out that all mahou shoujos are like that

Quote:
Another thing is that there are more anime adaptions of RPGs where the main character is a generic everyman, little more than an avatar for the player. When adapted to anime the character usually retains his bland and unremarkable features.
Two, unless you can name more

Quote:
Probably the most important factor is the popularity of the Seikai-kei concept in anime. In which everything (often literally) depends on the relationship between a weak, powerless boy and a strong-willed girl with powers/talents/abilities.
I've noticed that those series tend to have more ero-fanservice than say moe but that's neither here nor there. Though I must be quite fortunate to have missed out on all of those.

But I wouldn't call those popular- nobody ever remembers the male protagonists in those stories so those aren't really successful at all.

Last edited by Brimstone; 2011-12-01 at 08:08.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote