View Single Post
Old 2009-11-12, 23:05   Link #1530
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Leaving like for the manga out of this post I would like to say that, I think this manga is reaching its conclusion. Why's that you ask? Simple.

Myself, as a writer, when I lose interest in a story and want to end it quickly I'll start skipping things and explaining plot holes as quickly as possibly in however way seems to flow best. Best example of this in Medaka box, chapter 26. Near the chapters end Medaka and Zenkichi begin their training and then, 12 hours later, at the location of the date with the king, the chapter ends. Usually when an author skips a training arc, he either comes back to it later, or he leaves it blank and to the readers imagination because he's trying to go through the story as quickly as possible. To me this is one good example of this manga's coming end.

Another one is exactly what someone else had said earlier on a different forum. When an author begins to rush an ending, from either pressure or lack of interest, there are more explanations of things that should take a little more time to develop. There is also a great increase, at least in mangas and comics, of panels per page and text boxes. Originally Medaka box had around 3 through 5 panels per page. Right now its averaging around 4 through 6, maybe 7, a page. Not only that but I've started to see a great increase in the number of text boxes on each page now then from the earlier chapters.

But I could be wrong.

Not only that but the headmaster has begun, explaining more about the flask plan and even mentioned the secret laboratory underneath the school. In all seriousness, there's not much you can do after this arc is finished.

I'm not saying that you can't, I'm just saying that it would be a very difficult thing to do.
Amegashita is offline   Reply With Quote