View Single Post
Old 2009-08-11, 23:29   Link #41
prometheus126
king of the fire

Location: The land of tourist traps, old people and oranges. oh! and also spaceships!!
My wife is Half Taiwanese/half Japanese and I'm as white as can be (blond hair, blue eyes, the works.) so I guess I go with asian though I have dated a mostly ethnic background of women before.
I remember reading a study about how women are far more likely to date exclusively in their own race while men are more likely to date outside. I have no idea how much evidence truly backs it up but it would seem true when looking at it from a psychological standpoint.

I see alot being made about the entire "negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid" classification and entire situation is this: Human beings are a species of great ape, there are three main variation on said base species of great ape which came from three different main regions: Europe, Africa, and Asia. Ethnic groups would be concidered a sub-order of the three variations but most of the time the variation is extremely minute.
If you wanted to, this would be the basic chain scientifically if you wanted to go to Italians

Kingdom: Animilia
---Phylum: vertebrea.
----------Class: Mammilia
----------------Family: Primate
--------------------- Subfamily: Great ape
---------------------------Species: Homo Sapien
-----------------------------Genus: Caucasian
----------------------------------Subgenus: Mediterainian

now that's an extremely simplistic chart to it all but that's basically it. the terms shouldn't really be used outside of scientific discussion since we veiw the human race differently then an entomologist would. Personaly I find the entire hoopla about it all (not talking about here but other places I've been to on the interwebs.) nothing more then a P.C. charged attack about defining the human race as anything remotely like any other animal species.

If I offended anyone with that sorry but it's just how I see it. I get irritated whenever I see someone put up a diagram of a human and they write Homo sapiens as H.Sapiens. because homo sounds too similar to homosexual.
prometheus126 is offline   Reply With Quote