Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 11:15   Link #279
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The first episode was every bit as horrifying as I expected! I'm enjoying this pretty ironically, but I think Satelight and Kawamori have really managed to put together a combination of all the things which might annoy me about anime into one complete masterpiece. :P

The CG dancing sequences are really like Precure, except possibly scarier because of the iffy designs they have in the first place. The hearts in all the hair and eyes is really creepy, and adds to the really disturbing overall feel of how artificially "cute" the entire show is trying to be. The show really tries to squeeze every irrelevant anime, idol, and otaku element in though. There are robots, there the girls have mahou shoujo weapons, there are cute mascot alien creatures, it's just so random!

One good thing for the AKB girls who managed to land the voice roles for the show is that the story seems to be specifically written to give each girl their own dramatic scenes to train their voice acting skills, so maybe they'll be able to start a career out of it. It's kinda weird that a show that feels written for 12 year old girls is airing at 11pm on a Sunday night though.

I'll definitely be watching more, but this is very definition of what I consider a "bad" show which has the right elements to be entertaining even to someone who doesn't really like what it is. Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote