View Single Post
Old 2006-12-27, 03:42   Link #64
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

As bad as this probably is going to sound... ideally I'd want a girl who I could maintain a good relationship with even if I'm not spending all or even most of my free time with her. Let's face it, I'm an hardcore anime fan, gamer, fanfiction writer, and computer hardware enthusiast. My hobbies are time and money pits and while I do like having a social life, I dislike having one that strongly interferes with these hobbies.

One of my better choices would definately be Yuki Nagato... I think she's the kind of person who enjoys being around people part of the time but also appreciates some time to herself. It would be a kind of messed up, almost part time relationship, but I think it would work. Plus, I like interesting people and I think learning about Yuki would be fascinating. And she's got tons of useful skills too (heck, forget fanfiction... she could probably help make me make an Oblivion-killer RPG). The fact that I find her mannerisms really hot for some reason helps too. Admit it, you're curious what it would be like getting jiggy with a data alien. Only downside is a lack of furry ears.

(Yuki and Haruhi are actually the only anime characters I've had show up in a dream. Unforunately, it was a PG level dream.)

Second choice would probably be Ohno from Genshiken. Some crossover interests, so even if I'm involved in my hobbies a lot she probably wouldn't mind (it's like that guy I meet on a computer forum who's wife recently let him buy a $600+ video card... for HER gaming PC. He has a card that's maybe worth $100-150 in his own PC.)... and it might be possible to convince her to cosplay certain... things. Furry ears are no problem here, as long as I'm willing to accept fake ones.

Of course, I could probably adjust to have a normal (read: non-otaku) girlfriend too as long as I got a bit of alone time and therefore, I theoretically could score with a girl with really furry ears. Need to think about that one.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote