Thread: Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-29, 21:54   Link #65
Serp
Moving along....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
I also thought of the current Amaterasu as the same kakashi in Kyouhei's flashback while I was reading the manga. However, after reading Chapter 54 I had doubts about that statement because in this chapter Mahiru identified the ruin kakashi as "Amaterasu" but we know that there is only one Amaterasu, not two. Someone would say maybe Mahiru got it wrong but I doubt she was wrong because I don't think Mahiru's eyes got some problem. Mahiru might be right to conclude the ruin kakashi as "Amaterasu" as she also got invloved in the fight against the kakashi in Kyouhei's flashback. Now, the problem is which kakashi is the real Amaterasu? Is it the current kakashi that everybody is fighting? Or the ruin kakashi that Kyouhei, Mahiru and Aki encountered 8 years ago? The answer still lies with the mangaka himself.

My speculation would be similar to EliteF22 that maybe Amaterasu and Tokotachi are twin kakashis which are similar in appearances but different in terms of the abilities and elements. If you compare the current "Amaterasu" and the "Amaterasu" in Kyouhei's flashback, you will found that the current "Amaterasu" can float in the air while the "Amaterasu" in Kyouhei's flashback stayed on the ground the whole time. It may be related to what EliteF22speculated that Amaterasu and Tokotachi are linked to sky and earth deities in Japanese mythology.
I was thinking that it is possible for Amaterasu and Tokotachi look the same considering how Utao and Kirio look the same. I know that sounds weird but consider this; the birth of Utao and Kirio was symbolic of the revival of both Kakashi? I don't regard trading kids equal to a scandal there had to be more depth to it. What would make it fair is if one of those kids was really special in some way. I don't know...sounded better when I thought of it.