View Single Post
Old 2013-09-07, 11:02   Link #26
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
When I noticed Kirigiri in the ED, I honestly thought for a second that she might really be dead. My heart sank a bit. I was relieved when I noticed that other non-Makoto living students (like Togami) was also in the ED.

I've come to like Kirigiri a lot over the course of this anime. There's just something strangely cool and endearing about how she's the constant picture of cool, calm, and collected. Nothing seems to phase her. It gives the Makoto/Kirigiri relationship a bit of a different feeling. It's clear that they like and care about each other, but there's such a formality to it all that I can sort of vicariously feel unease on Makoto's part. I mean, he's basically a normal kid with normal amounts of emotionality while she's consistently cool as a cucumber.

When Togami or others make negative statements about Kirigiri, I can feel Makoto wanting to leap to her defense, but he not knowing quite what to say because even he knows her only a little bit better than the other students do.

Well, in any event, some very interesting twists and turns in this episode. I agree with jeroz that this is a really weird case. The (presumed?) victim is somebody we don't even know, really, and even most of the remaining cast members didn't know her. That certainly rounds down the list of possible suspects, but given who it leaves...

Anyway, a very engaging and engrossing episode. I'm definitely looking forward to the three remaining episodes.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-09-07 at 11:13.