Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 01:16   Link #14668
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
actually China and Japan at this stage don't have much of a choice. the US is still their primary market and if the US goes, their economy goes. They will both grit their teeth, say things domestically that you can repeat anywhere else. But will refinance those new loans just because without the US economy both their economy would go boom.
Was this scenario ever stress tested? I am not sure if China will be hurt for a long time when the US economy goes bust. I could imagine there will be a short term export/sales problem, but on the long run, the chinese economy will recover much faster from this than the US economy (the european economies will be hit less than the US' but more than China's - and for Japan... well I don't know exactly, could end almost as bad as the US economy for them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Plight? I think Solace already answered this carping better in his post. Its a soundbite fluff piece and whining. And I think I know just a little bit about the general aviation industry (which encompasses quite a bit more than "corporate jets").
Sounds like an executive-level sob-fest. If they actually cared about their employees, then I'ld sort of understand it. But I suppose those who are whining there do it just because their profit taking is now a little less.