View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 15:28   Link #22
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Futaki has always struck me as a fascist, but before this episode, she struck me as... professional, at least. In other words, she was a sincere fascist who simply takes lawfulness to a very unhealthy extreme because she believes that much in lawfulness for its own sake.

But in this episode, it was much more than that. In this episode, she was horribly mean, vicious, and destructive. Totally abusive, and grotesquely unforgiving.

... I think I know who invented the Sibyl system of Psycho-Pass.

And yeah, outside of outright villains, an anime character hasn't angered me as much as Futaki as in a very long time. The sad thing is that, unlike those villains, I doubt we're going to get the satisfaction of seeing Futaki get her comeuppance. And after this episode, I'm not sure I'm all that cool with the idea of Futaki being easily forgiven by the Little Busters! for her horrible abuse (which in turn is a grotesque abuse of her council power) of her own twin sister.

Still, very gripping and intense episode that I liked a lot due to the purposeful feeling it had. I look forward to more of Haruka's arc.