View Single Post
Old 2009-07-21, 10:24   Link #55
calorie

My unwritten policy is to go with one instead of multiple favorites (otherwise there wouldn't be much point in calling something/someone that). In this case, I went with Yui. While watching the show, I constantly had a subconscious struggle between her and Mio as favorite characters. The latter is probably meant to be the character everyone likes - intriguing personality with her little quirks and insecurities, beaty over cuteness plus she's a bass player which is inherently cool. Naturally, I got to like her very much because of all that.

But somehow, that just doesn't quite add up to Yui's incredibly cute voice and image. She's simple but it's impossible not to like her. Maybe I'm trying not to be "coerced" into liking the obviously coolest character Mio, but I can't help saying any other character's name over Yui's if I had to pick one favorite. Every single scene with her acting lazy or kind or silly cheered me up. Therefore, I guess my decision is as uncomplicated as the character herself. Pure moe on my part.