View Single Post
Old 2009-01-23, 02:09   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Stupider and crazier things happen in real life all the time, what Taiga did in all honesty isn't that far from what people in real life end up doing. In a way I almost have to applaud Taiga's passion here, even if it seemed outlandish in certain moments.
I call that stupid rage.

Just because Taiga "doesn't value" (note the quotes) her own privacy doesn't mean she has the right to drag Sumire down to her level right? And that by no means does it make Sumire anymore shallow that Taiga for keeping her problems to herself as we hear her true feelings on the situation after the rumble. Ganted that the end result made the situation better going to such extreme is highly uncalled for. Even (or should I say especially) for a school themed anime some realism is inevitably reflected here and knowing that crazier things than this really do happen in real life doesn't make it any better. What is wrong is wrong whether in real life or reflected in anime (while some wrongs are intended for "fantasy story purposes" we have cases like these where it is realistically possible).

Whether Taiga did do it for the sake of Kitamura as she saw how hurt he was without recieving a reply from inevitably or for her own feelings of betrayal (like how the one she loves confessed to another girl but rather than that girl being happy and jumping to the occasion she was just "playing around" leading him into severe depression) I still don't agree with violence in this certain situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I volunteer a lot in high school as I work towards my teaching cert.... I've seen all this acted out in real life (emo-drama, insane behavior, "ooc", classroom fights over quite trivial things).

Teen brains are flooded with hormones during adolescence.... they're "insane" "Plain-ass-stupid" by adult standards. Its a bit difficult to write any of this off as un-realistic....

hell, I just attended the funeral recently of a 19yr old who killed himself because things just weren't going well... I knew his parents, they were good people, worked hard raising kids. That one just got lost in a bad moment.
Yare, yare...

And fixed for you

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS