View Single Post
Old 2011-12-27, 16:32   Link #28
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

as i already stated this is not going to be a quotewar, i may edit later though

i didn't read your whole post but even now i can agree that jeans drillsword is far stronger than helens limb extension... what? afaik the databook was released before we even knew helen could use the drillsword, so it doesn't even compare their drillsword versions.

about the only clare will x: it's just something that catched my eye. people are more likely to ignore or even like bullshit plot twists if it helps claire get a special position or something but react extreme harsh if others get the same "helping hand". some people start raging while others are just biased. (it's not just you (and you aren't even an extreme example), so don't address it).

i'm not forgetting galateas large yoki. but the main problem is she doesn't even want to use her yoki because of her model looks (for which i, strangely, even like her more). also galatea countered clarices "she is far stronger than you" with "she as more yoki than me" so larger yoki isn't everything (if you're not priscilla at least). also if you fight against miria it's a fight of speed and galatea isn't as fast. would galatea have beaten miria 7 years ago? no, she wouldn't just beat her. she would wipe the floor with her. but now? i don't think so.

i didn't reread witches maw (and you can argue with nixl in greater detail about the arc) but riful didn't torture that many claymores. but twin a (or b, srsly they got more screentime then nike, we should name them ourselves if yagi isn't going to) said "there are still warriors who are alive and have merely lost consciousness." of course she didn't say some died. but, at least for me, her sentence is a hint that some are dead. mirias comment doesn't state anything (sometimes when she opens her mouth it has some strange results).

you're right we don't know how strong helens drillsword is. but for all we know it could also be still 90% of jeans strengh or not have any loss at all. but not every enemy has a hard shell like duff. for most of them that many spins aren't even needed. and after a few spins it's just overkill anyway. we also don't know how fast she spins her arm but it's at least fast enough that she doesn't need to become a sitting duck like jean. which in itself is a huge advantage. the long rage is also a bonus.

most of deneves stats should be really high now. and i'm pretty sure higher then jeans 7 years ago, minus strengh. remember this is not an imaginary scenario where jean trained with the ghosts 7 years ago. this is still the same jean as you stated. but deneve become stronger, got faster and got used to fighting abs. you're right about the fact that jean wasn't one-shotted by rigaldo. but jean in return didn't one-shot the other abs in pieta. but deneve and helen play with the abs they encounter (we could call that one-shot actually but yes they use more than one swing of their swords) and even after fighting hellcats for a whole day they weren't nearly dying of exhaustion (let's ignore how ridiculous that was).

Last edited by fraktur; 2011-12-27 at 18:23.