View Single Post
Old 2009-06-09, 18:48   Link #105
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I don't know about K-On! fans. Yes, I want to hear from a fan what is keeping him/her watching the series.
Timing.

You wake up one morning and find a craving for something and the first thing that offers that taste becomes the best thing in the world for you.

Anime connoisseurs out there might argue that other shows are better but if the timing is wrong then my appreciation for those shows (and their respective genres) would be quite poor.

I'm not worried on "missing out" on watching a good show in the same season it premieres so I just put these recommended titles in my "to-watch list" so I can enjoy them when I'm in the mood for such shows.

Right now K-on is delivering the type of show I wish to watch. The character designs drew me in early on but the member interactions are what keeps me watching the show. I had no expectations for the music side of the story (never read the 4koma but at 2 volumes I assumed that the story so far would only reach the "forming the band stage". Any other time the "my pace", repeat gags, and multiple beach episodes would have annoyed me. Fortunately, I was in the mood for such a show and such things barely registered as I watched through the episodes.