Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-20, 02:23   Link #7881
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
You make it sound like this is a bad thing. It's not, it's actually a good thing. If the wealthy just build their wealth "back up," then they really aren't getting hurt at all. (Of course, they never lose their wealth in the first place, so they really aren't getting hurt.) As for poor people "pissing" their money away, at least they get to buy necessities in the meantime. Circulation of money is good for the economy and societal stability, keeping it sequestered in the hands of a few individuals or corporations is not.
Yes I make it sound like it's a bad thing, because IT IS A BAD THING. We should not reward bad behavior and bad planning. Taking from the rich, to give to the poor, sorry but it's not a long-term goal anyone should be fighting for. Eventually, you will run out of other people's money. As they will decide they are tired of you taking it. I'm currently working two jobs so that I can afford the things I want in life. I didn't finish college, I've been working since I was a teenager, and I bust my ass to be apart of the middle class. I'm sick and tired of watching my taxes going to those who don't work. I'm not putting 16 hour work days in, so I can feed someone I've never met, who sits infront of the TV all day long watching Oprah. I put these hours in, because I want a house, a family, a fast car, and the ability to retire when I'm in my 60's. I've been on the fence for the past couple of years whether to start my own performance shop for corvettes. Currently, between California's Political Stupidity, and the risk of hyper-inflation in America, I will be sitting on that fence for awhile longer.

I hope America never truly tries to create financial equality. If it does, there will be a revolution here. And I will be apart of it.