View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 16:24   Link #24970
goldendust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Right. But what if the adult accomplice she works with has to be shown the gold for their cooperation? Or what if someone uses the game as a cover to get away with murder for personal reasons?

I don't even think the gold is that much of a good motive.
If anything is used for cooperation. I would imagine it would be the cash card shown in Bern's version of the truth in EP7. I cannot imagine why else Yasu would have that since Yasu didn't seem interested in money as shown when Yasu turned down Genji's offer to turn all of the gold into cash.

However it makes more sense if it was suppsoe to be a bribe.

Quote:
Of course she came up with a murder game. A game with REAL MURDERS though? Why in the FUCK would she?
Despair about her/his life, wanting to entrust her/his and everyone's fate to the roulette to create a miracle she/he wanted. Something to that effect.

Which I believe was hinted at in the tea party of E7 when Bern showed Ange the "truth".

Quote:
Emotional/mental unbalance is just a cop out. Even if she's "lolcrazy" we should be able to understand her thought process. Ryukishi has claimed that anyone who's been in love would be able to put themselves in her shoes, and I can't put myself in the shoes of someone who murders fucking everyone she's ever known because she can't pick a boyfriend.
Are you referring to phrase "without love it cannot be seen" or is it an actual quote from Ryukishi?

Putting yourself in Yasu's shoes or rather Shannon/Yasu/Kannon's shoes is difficult indeed if you try to think why she would murder.

What did Yasu want? If Shannon/Kanon is any indication is that they want to become human and love. In E6 we seen a trial of love where murder needs to be committed to show the resolve to make love happen.

Though it possible that Yasu's resolve didn't go any further than setting up the bomb. Maybe for same reason Kinzou did, set up the bomb to think about what do with his current situation.

Like I said before Wanderer's posts made me rethink Yasu's stance on the crime, that is is probable that maybe it was all just an elaborate set-up.

Quote:
This isn't true at all. You seem to think Yasu is a schizophrenic or something. She understands and processes her emotions and the world around her perfectly fine; she's just extremely imaginative, and due to how awful her life is she's too emotionally stunted to deal with adult emotions properly, especially given her sexual deformity giving her an inferiority complex.
[/I]
Well I think the largest indication that she/he doesn't emotions or reality in any relatively normal way is how she/he handles the reality that Battler doesn't care for their promise and the resulting emotions.

First she/he shoves those feelings into another self that she/he created without processing those emotions at all, then to comfort himself/herself Kanon was created.

Over-imaginative or not, that is not a really healthy way to deal with reality.

Quote:
Really, given her circumstances, her personality and emotions are ENTIRELY UNDERSTANDABLE, [I]except when ti comes to explaining why she wants to kill people.
It is understandable, we had two other girls (Maria,Ange) to explain this appeal to use imagination to deal with harsh reality. Even to a further extent with Eva with her own young self.

Just that Yasu takes a step further by actaully playing those roles. That is where he/she is different from the rest.

Quote:
In fairness Shion was possessed by sci-fi parasites.
Well that is true but it seems like the kind of culprit Ryukishi would create. Even Takano turned out be more of a pity character than Shion.
goldendust is offline   Reply With Quote