View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 21:07   Link #24975
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
In episode 3, there were 8 digits drawn at the scene of George's murder. Even the TIPS said that it "opens up a small golden land". Which would make sense if it a PIN number. Thus we know that card very likely exists.
Yea, but do any of the adults know that? How can they trust her and know she's not just handing them a worthless piece of plastic?

Quote:
However for "validity" check. If Yasu is willing to give up the gold to prove that he has the wealth to create that kind of money. They shouldn't doubt it when he has so much gold.
That's silly. If you're dealing with someone you suspect is planning to harm people, you shouldn't take them at their word for anything. Kyrie is uncharacteristically idiotic and uncritical in her thinking in that Tea Party.

Quote:
Yet shouldn't we take it as hints like the rest of fantasy scenes?
Except it's not a fantasy scene.

Quote:
So like a fail-safe? That "I will try to stop the killer but if I fail the culprit doesn't leave the island alive".
Yea. Or maybe Eva flipped the bomb to wipe away the evidence. Or maybe the killer flipped the bomb. Or something.

Quote:
I am not going to claim the high ground on issues like that but it strike me as extremely odd to transfer emotions into a self that you created to the point that if I try to envision it for myself, it comes across as potentially deranged.
I've basically gone through what I've done; it's not deranged, it's a coping mechanism, and people do it all the time to protect their psyches. Yasu is only different in that she is an adult, not a child; but she's emotionally stunted and never really had a normal growing up process and LIED TO about her age so she's missing some years anyway.

Quote:
Then again that depends on the nature of her "crime/sin" which isn't entirely clear what that is since Yasu refers to a crime/sin. If she/he was entirely innocent than regardless of her sin/crime, then perhaps yes.
What is her sin? Yasu doesn't seem to regard herself as worthy of living even if someone else is killing people. Her sin, from her point of view, seems to be allowing this to happen. And since she's furniture she probably compounds this into "everyone died because I was born!"

Quote:
Well in Higurashi, sometimes it came across that way.
Higurashi is bullshit for all sorts of other reasons. One of them being that everyone was effectively under mind control when they killed people.