View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 16:31   Link #30663
Patchwork Chimera
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
And allow me to say that calling 'Battler a moron for forgiving Yasu' is more fucked up than everything. I'm not trying to pass Yasu off as a saint, because I am perfectly aware of all the sins (I also don't think she really committed, but let's stick to PieceYasu for argument's sake) she committed.
Boyfriend forgot his promise to bring a white horse and take me away? -> Let's murder his family and make him watch.

Girl who I don't even remember murdered my family and made me watch? -> Let's marry her.

Conclusion1: Are you fucking kidding me, Ryuukishi?

Conclusion2: I don't even know who deserves more to be called a moron.

Sick things are sick. No matter what side you take, you're gonna be siding with some fucked up individual.

Quote:
You're not following what I mean by reffering to EP3. I was talking more about Battler slapping the shit out of Beatrice and doing exactly what you said 'call her on her selfishness'. Yeah, part of her strategy, but Battler calls her on it for real, and Beatrice is hurt by that for real.
And she was so surprised and depressed by someone telling her off that she got into a freaking coma. Why? oh, why am I hated? In what did I got it wrong? O-Oooh. So killing his family wasn't a good thing to do. Who would've thought that?

My reaction: refer to conclusion 1.

Quote:
Battler doesn't have to be a saint to forgive Beatrice, and I see how reffering to religion as an example was a bad idea, I just thought this was the best and most moving act of forgiveness there was to reffer to. Battler isn't a saint, but he isn't a moron either. Would it make for a better story if Battler took Beatrice to the Eisnere Jungfraw lawyers and had them confiscate every penny she owns in compensation through legal means? I don't think it would.
Some guy you don't know goes and blows you home with all your family and familiars inside. The incident causes you to lose it, amnesia, attacks, despair and ending in a wheelchair. Yoir little sister grows as damaged as they get and then returns to the gameboard. And then she's also killed.

You have to be Jesus, capitain. You have to be Jesus to forgive that. I can barely forgive the guy that ran over my aunt and made her almost lose her life because he was drunk. I'd go all Sasuke on the responsible's ass if something as strong as Rokkenjima's big bang happened. Then again, I don't consider myself the best human in the street.

Quote:
And at any rate, I'm not sure if it is even possible to make excuses for Yasu's actions. While I do understand the motive that's used to back it up, understanding is totally different from forgiving or even justifying. However, just because there is no excuse, it doesn't mean Battler, the person who is the target of her revenge (and everyone else, taking how they act in EP8) shouldn't forgive her. How can you call them stupid for that?
She goes so sad she vaporizes into gold dust. I could FORGIVE her. I could nor MARRY HER!

Quote:
To that, I will agree. That is why I think Yasu's motive shouldn't be perceived along the lines of reality. Despite that, as far as Umineko's context is concerned, I find Yasu a very 'human' character.
But Yasu's motive is talked about as the thing that started everything. Is the core of Umineko, the culprit of Ryuukishi hammering into my head 'search for the heart' so much I started to joke Eva-Beatrice was the first to find it in EP3.
I can be dissapointed by a lot of things and let them pass, but the motive of mass murder has to be a pretty damn good one.

Quote:
But Maria did change her mother's violence. She changed it whenever she blamed it on the bad witch, or whenever she excused her mother for neglecting her. Maria isn't really going on with her life. She 'tweaks' the sad reality into a happy one, which is kinda the opposite. Having said that, I still don't find her pitiful or stupid for that.
No matter how she embelished the reality, she could not make Rosa stop. She would get hit, even if she justified. Maria is going on with her life tweaking the horrible parts. If she didn't do that, she'd get stuck like Ange. Ange was stuck in the past because she couldn't go on, she had to learn to let things go, and if things were so horrible, tweak them into something bereable like 'There were no murders. Onii-chan is going to return one day'.

Quote:
Except what they acknowledge is nothing more than a facade Yasu puts up in order to hide her real self because she herself cannot find acceptance for it. Yasu isn't sure if they would do the same with her real self, and that's her real issue here. The fact that she is incapable of accepting herself is what renders her unable to be accepted by anyone else.
She is incapable of accepting herself. So she is accepted by George. She has his full devotion, and he's ready to hang himself for her if she asks him. Jessica is trying hard to understand her. She has an unbeliebable amount of acknowledging, much more than Maria, Rosa, Natsuhi or Eva.