View Single Post
Old 2004-03-11, 20:10   Link #138
Sycorax

Warning: defensive fangirl rant ahead!

Why does everyone keep insisting that Sakura is weak because she's lazy or a moron? Sakura is weak because:

1) Nobody freaking BOTHERS to train her. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Kakashi.)
2) Unlike every single other person in the Rookie Nine, she has absolutely no special hereditary ninja tricks to rely on. She has no Uchiha or Hyuuga bloodline limit, no imprisoned demon to give her extra chakra like Naruto, and no special technique secrets passed down through her clan (like Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, and Shino). She just has to make due with what she has.

Of COURSE she's never learned any special jutsus. That doesn't have anything to do with her intelligence or her strength. Rock Lee has Gai to guide him, even though his family's technique-defficient too, but Sakura has no one. Kakashi's too busy training Sasuke to give Sakura much attention, and her parents apparently don't have any special justus to pass down to her.

Sakura can't just go to the amazing-special-techniques library and look up a superpower and train herself in it. These ninja clans are terribly protective of their secrets. Who's to say that, say, Kiba wouldn't be in exactly the same boat as Sakura, if his family didn't teach him how to work with Akamaru? Who's to say that Sakura wouldn't be just as powerful as Hinata, if she had been born with Byakugan eyes?

I think we'd all be happier if Sakura spent less time mooning over Sasuke. That storyline's gone on waaaaay too long, and he treats her like shit anyway. That being said, I'm not sure that Sakura's as weak as many fans portray her to be, and I definitely don't think it's her fault that she's uberpower-free. She was able to master Cancel, wasn't she? As generally useless as that is, it's also a high-level jutsu, which proves that she CAN master higher-level jutsu if she wants to.

If Sakura gets trained by someone like Tsunade or Shizune and THEN fails... that'll be proof that she's a lazy moron. I'll take back all of my protests But until that happens I'm withholding judgement.

Last edited by Sycorax; 2004-03-11 at 22:17.
Sycorax is offline   Reply With Quote