View Single Post
Old 2008-08-10, 10:39   Link #87
marvelB

Okay then, here I go:

In recent storylines, we've learned of a powerful ability called "Haki" (which has also been translated as "ambition" or "spirit") which was first demonstrated by Red-Haired Shanks when meeting with Whitebeard. In the current manga storyline, we have signs of Haki awakening in Luffy, when he knocked out Duval's bull without actually doing anything. Not long afterwards we're introduced to the Pirate King's first mate, Silvers Rayleigh, who has full mastery of the ability (and was most likely the one who taught it to Shanks in the first place). It's my view that Haki may be one of the most important abilities in the series, and may even be the key to beating opponents with Logia powers without exploiting their weaknesses through a gimmick (though I actually do enjoy the gimmicks, myself ).

I think that Rayleigh will teach Luffy a little something about Haki before the crew leaves the Sabaody islands, which will result in a new power-up for Luffy in the future (Gear 4?). I also believe that Zoro knows Haki to an extent as well, though not the same type that we've seen from Shanks or Rayleigh. His "Haki" seems to be more "demonic", to the point that it's visible to people (like with his Asura technique). It may even be possible that Haki is what Zoro needs to hear "the breath of all things". Indeed, Haki may be capable of all sorts of miracles in the future....

So, what are your views on this mysterious power? Discuss!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote