View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 23:25   Link #2315
Cheerful Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Did I mentioned Detective Conan... When will Ran ever graduates and when will Shinichi grow up literally!!!!
Yeah, DC really runs on Comic Book Time (it kind of needs to for the sake of plot). Heck, holidays have been celebrated more than once, yet Conan never moves on to second grade! To be fair, Aoyama has even acknowledged this himself. I guess what it boils down to is that Detective Conan is an episodic mystery series first, and... well, pretty much anything else second. And thus verisimilitude is basically only utilized wen it's convenient or will set the stage for said episodic mystery (or the plot, those few times Aoyama decides it can rear its head).

The same is true with the plot, really. It'll be utilized when it is convenient for Aoyama to utilize it, no sooner, which is really detrimental to momentum. I think everybody agrees that DC's plot really lags because of its episodic structure, which can be quite irritating. So it more comes down to trying to just view it as something like Columbo; a mystery-of-the-week show with an overarching story that pops up every now and again.

Last edited by Cheerful Orange; 2013-03-22 at 00:09.