Thread: Licensed Mushishi
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-18, 16:37   Link #3
Chronissz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I watched episode 8 and it was great. What I really love about this series and what I think makes it stand out above the rest is that since theres no real continuious story arc like other anime they have to build a story from sctach every episode and hope it pulls the viewer in.

And they always pull it off, every episode about 2-3 minutes in my thoughts are drifting I'm not too heavily into it because they are introducing the characters, setting, and plot of that episode. But after 7-10 minutes I'm tottaly engulfed into the world of the Mushihi's and the tragic story of the human intertwined with them.

I really don't know of any other animes that can pull off such brillant 20 minutes short stories time and time again.
Yeah I feel the same way, at first I'm thinking okay new chars new story, wonder if I will enjoy this...but I always do, and another great episode where the guy just had to move on with his life, and I'm glad that unlike some of the previous eps he made that tough decision, and cherished what he still had rather then clinging onto what he had already lost.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote