View Single Post
Old 2009-04-21, 19:11   Link #294
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Chapter 9: "the three maidens":
- Goto Nagi mother (Okitsu Miyako) was Cape Maiden;
- Maidens tends to give birth to girls, boys are a rarity;
- Shisuku, Soyogi and Karin are daughters of previous Maidens (I'm not sure if translation and my understanding of that part is correct - Tri-ring, could you confirm please?, it's on page 7);
- the DG is born the same day the previous DG dies - I'm not sure if it means, DG reincarnates in the exact moment of his death (like Dalai Lama), or it's in the same day of the year, but may happen many year later. It's on pages 8 and 9, page 8 alone suggest first option, but page 9 confirms second. Tri-ring could you confirm translation of that 3 pages for us? Pretty please
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I don't think this is right. If the current cape maidens are daughters of the previous cape maidens, judging by their ages it would be the same group Nagi's mother was in. If there is 3 maidensper generation and none of the current ones appear to be related then that would mean that one might be Nagi's sister.

I looked through the chapter and saw what you might have misunderstood. The part where she was talking about the cape maidens giving birth to girls in large numbers and then suddenly saying that was what karin, Shizuku, and Soyogi are. That was just saying what those 3 as Cape Maidens go through not that they are a product of cape maiden birth.
OK Chapter 9 5th page(page199 in volume1) Nagumo Yae the elder, starts that there is a strange thing that most priestess of the Misaki bears a female child like Shizuku, Soyogi and Karin.
On page 200 Yae continues that rarely a male offspring from priestess of the Misaki is born which through oral legend is said to be the reincarnated soul of the dragon god.
Nagi ask out of confusion that just because a boy is born does not automatically means he is the reincarnated soul of the dragon god do it?
Yae continues that she is told that the dragon god's reincarnation occurs the same day the past dragon god passes away.
The prior dragon god past away on September 23rd and asks Nagi his birthday.

Although she did not ask Nagi the year I think she already knows since he is the same age as Karin.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote