View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 17:37   Link #1654
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
but they think some songs like Seikan Hikou gets ranked too low because of bias, hate, not understanding what the song is about and stuff. They believe the song should be higher.
And I believe it should be even lower. I totally find that song utterly half-assed - the only good thing about it was the stellar animation at Ranka's concert. Sure, call me biased, but it won't change the fact that I just don't like that song. Neither the melody, nor the lyrics, nothing about it makes me go and say: "it's nice" - apart from the actual episode animation, which was great.
Give me Aoi no Ether or Anata no Oto - hell, even her covers like My Boyfriend's a Pilot and Ai Oboete Imasuka - any day over that poppy trash. This is my opinion, and you're welcome to disqualify it by calling me a biased westerner. I don't care.

Quote:
I think the only one who gets this the most is BanishingBook, Seikan Hikou is underappreciated.
Obviously, I disagree. But I'm a poor misguided westerner who couldn't be expected to understand the greatness of just such a song, eh?

Quote:
I hate typing long debates, I think I'll stop here. I can type several thousand words of translations and stuff but damn debates, I just can't concentrate on such. I'd type it halfway and play games then return to finish it.
See ya, then.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote