Thread: Licensed Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (BONES)
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-10, 15:23   Link #113
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, what can i say ... not much i suppose, because the episode nearly bored me to tears While there is obviously the need to introduce some characters through whom the catastrophe will be explored, but i really couldn't stomach just how flat out tedious the atmosphere felt. I suppose they wanted a reflection of the life as felt by our female protagonist, but i honestly can't think of a more boring way at the moment than to spend 20 minutes following around a bratty teenager and her dissatisfaction with everything around her. I mean ... i came for the earthquake, but ended up with a disgruntled teenager. Realistic as it might be for her age, it lasted for way too long to keep my interest going.

Animation and design wise this series has very little to brag about either - it looks unimpressive for the most part, save for some specific moments. Character designs are very minimalistic and generally gives gives off a "low key" vibe. That is to say, this show was not much to look at either - there were scenes that looked genuinely nice (like the bridge), but generally very little to write home about. It gets the job done for the mood of the show, but nothing really impressive.

Overall ...i dunno, if asked to summarize my thoughts on the episode in one word, i would say "boring". I guess i was expecting something else for the show that was supposed to be about an earthquake. I mean, yes - we are getting there, but i can't say these 20 minutes did anything to raise my interest in the premise. I was waiting for an earthquake before the first episode, and i still am. Lets see what the next episode does once we actually get there, but this one did very little for me personally.