Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-08, 14:06   Link #2138
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdog View Post
Even if I occupy myself with something else, it's like I can't get it out of my head. There's always that frustrating feeling back there and sometimes it "bubbles over" and I get really depressed for a bit. It's always there. It actually is screwing with everything I do since I can NOT stop thinking about it, during schoolwork, while exercising, while I'm hanging out with friends, while I'm doing something creative, etc. It's probably just going to be there until I actually get that first kiss/lose my virginity. I know this really isn't normal but I REALLY can't stop obsessing over this issue. It's like my life revolves around it now. I can't enjoy anything anymore because of it. Which I'm sure also ironically ends up affecting my progress with girls as well.
It's odd that something would be able to take over your mind to that extent. I know how it feels to have a girl on your mind a lot, and the feeling of not being able to focus on other tasks because of it, but usually that will get easier to deal with the more I dettach myself from this person.

Normally this will happen with time, and if you're a busy person in general who has obligations other issues will compete for your time and attention.

But in teenage years some are more hormonal than others, and this feeling can be more intense and tricky to handle. All you can do is acknowledge it, get used to it for now, and try to deal with it. Alternatively you can act and get what you want. The best way to do this would be to go to a party, get yourself and a girl drunk, and hey presto - you get rejected and try again until it works.

I would recommend not losing your dignity over this, however.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote