View Single Post
Old 2010-07-07, 16:04   Link #75
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Well there are some things I disagree with in your theory. I don't believe Arika's grandmother is a natural HiME that's a new generation. Remember in Mai-HiME it was the red star that gave the hime their powers and once it was destroyed, they no longer had their powers. Arika's family might just be in possesion of some unknown power they haven't explained yet. I think their are just as many evidences in otome to disprove it being connected to Mai-Hime as their are to prove it. My belief is that the Himes and Childs in otome might be different from HiME. Unless sunrise does something to connect the 2 like some sort of OVA.
Eventually I don't want be in thread but I have my say on this though, man it's been two years and it's still kicking. Well time to drop kick this thread back the life.

Since the whole HiME/Otome connection was a real turnout back in 2005-2008 and everybody was interested on how this would go out but apparently no one haven't figure it out or just seems farfetched in the first place.

I think for us anime fans entirely that a lot of originals shows that have sequels entirely is a result of sometimes pressures by fans and even peer decisions by people who expect a great franchise. To me I think it's just the hype can get this franchise sidetracked and really it has been sidetracked since the last episodes of HiME and possible that PR decision played a role heading on making Otome including "The Big Bang Project" that everyone though this would benefit the franchise but apparently failed big time.

Now I don't want to be negative on this but franchise/saga has great potential indeed. HiME EXA's manga is out and sales have been gone good lately and I hope it will be long manga series including the saga for the anime soon. But I think they should start anew story for original HiME saga and make it more awesome than a interesting storyline without the Otome connection.

In my evaluation in understand HiME/Otome connection, in reality it's not happening but since Otome blu-ray picture drama special, it already seen it.

Spoiler for For all those that did not seen Otome blu-ray speical: