View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 01:06   Link #1276
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Someone said that he didn't actually loathe mecha but rather that certain episode was just so stressing considering their size back then.

IIRC that mecha intensive episode(ep 4) choked them really hard in the production.. So Takemoto let Kigami cut any material off the script for that episode but alas, Kigami kept everything.

Anyway this whole thing came from a thread regarding the TSR extras.
Ah, thanks. I guess "KyoAni hates mecha" just got the "Cowboy Bebop didn't sell well in Japan" treatment, oh the internet.

Probably TSR being their worst selling series apart from Nichijyou (don't know if you can count Munto since the first half of it is the old OVAs anyway...) and that even if KyoAni did another season it wouldn't matter since there's so many more LNs after that. Same problem Spice and Wolf has, sure a 3rd season would be fantastic, problem is you would need 7 seasons since the first 2 only covered 4 out of 17 novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
KyoAni is giving other genres some love. The last 3 series from KyoAni:
-Nichijyou (comedy)
-Hyouka (mystery/SoL)
-Chuu2 (drama/romance)
The problem is that this is "all the same shit" for some people lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sure, nobody's denying that. But the importance of animation quality rises with the importance of the visuals in general, imo. Visuals are always at least somewhat important, but with an action sequence, they're the most important aspect. In a more lowkey scene, dialogue is often more important. Or BGM might be.

+

... Do you seriously think that KyoAni is under-appreciated? I can't think of an anime studio that gets more lavish praise than KyoAni does.
Firstly animation quality can vastly improve the scene of something that isn't non action, would the Haruhi God Knows scene be as amazing if the animation consisted of cg hands like it was Nodame Cantabile? Would the non rotoscoped scenes of Apollon be as good if they were like Nodame as well? Don't you remember the mini shitstorm with the first K-ON! concert scene because people were expecting God Knows v2.0? The second episode of Kannagi which had not much action scenes at all was a pleasure to watch because it was animated in 2s and had so much movement.

Secondly in some ways yes, when some company produces one well produced and animated show (and I'm not even going to get into how they're nothing like KyoAni's level of animation) and people act like KyoAni have been equaled, it shows clear under appreciation.. like Jay-Z said "I held you down for 6 summers, damn, where's the love?".

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-01-07 at 01:16.