Thread: Timing Guide
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-12, 10:26   Link #14
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

I guess I was not specific enough in my post about what I meant. I fully agree that one should not do a sloppy job (QCing your own timings is a must to pick up stutters and bleeds), but how much time one should sink into one's part in fansubbing always seems to be a matter of debate. The ideal of making something "as perfect as you could possibly can" is always tempered by practical concerns, and people tend to label such pursuits "obsessive" once it crosses a certain line. The issue is that individuals have differences in opinion regarding what they consider to be the threshold, and that was essentially what I was trying to point out (aside from trying to ask for possible exceptions to the stated guidelines). Now that I think about it, bringing up an issue without a real solution was not a good idea . Still, staff frequently criticize whether fellow staff (and staff in other groups) spend too much/little time on his/her step, and subbing angst can consequently ensue... In that sense, I always find it interesting what other people find "acceptable" and such. Eh, my apologies for asking ambiguously worded questions in my previous post and for making this post rather general.