View Single Post
Old 2009-11-14, 18:30   Link #317
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Mihashi is plenty likable in the anime - eventually. It's hard to explain why or exactly when it happened, but at some point I just stopped wanting to strangle Ren when he went all moe~moe~kyun and wanted to give him a hug and a mug of hot chocolate instead. Maybe it was just the accumulating evidence of just how deeply damaged he was and how resistant he was to getting close to anyone.

All this discussion has reminded me of another thing I loved about Oofuri - the parents. All of them crack me up, especially Ren's mother. Their antics at the games kept me in stitches and were a needed distraction when those games dragged on for weeks at a time.

Again, this is not a series to everyone's tastes - it's got more homoerotic subtext than anything this side of 07 Ghost, the pacing is glacial, Ren with all his timidity can be a lot to take, and all that weird psychobabble from the math teacher was just plain bizarre. But for some reason, it all seemed to blend together into a compelling whole, even if those individual elements might not appeal to a particular viewer.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote