View Single Post
Old 2010-03-22, 07:29   Link #6265
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Are we forgetting that Athena kicked Hayate to teach him other lessons and when he was complaining that it hurt he was essentially told 'quit crying you baby'?
lol i thought it only showed how hard the training was and also for comedic purposes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
The Royal Garden was the original plan of HnG with some changes so you can't really classify them as two different manga.
thanks for the info ... considering athena's popularity boost since EotW arc., it'd probably be successful if he decides to make a spin-off series about her lol (but that's just a fan talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
I have a question for you, have you been following the manga weekly or off annd on in little spurts like I have? The reason for that is thatt I believe it is easier to accept her addition if you have been following weekly because of the timeframe, whereas she has come in and seemingly took control of the story in about 30 minutes for me after many hours of reading and built up affections for what were seemingly very important characters at the time.

My opinions on her developement are still open to change as I read along, but I fear that my opinion may persist if she befomes a permanent looming fixture within the story.
like some others, i only read HnG again after i chanced upon EotW arc by accident i agree she stole the spotlight, even from hayate, for me as well..

it's a shame, she might not be coming on as much, but i prefer seeing her entering with another semiserious/serious story arc than being in gags somehow hata's gags are used too much... comedies are good, but it gets boring without a plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I remember when I first read about Hayate's flashback, I hoped the girl would be either Maria or Hina (I thought she was Maria, since looking at her from the back, that's what A-tan looked like). There were many people who said it could be a different person, but I thought that'd be a stupid idea, considering we were like, 87 chapters into the story. However, 90 chapters later, we got into the EotW mini-arc, Athena got properly introduced, and I loved her, immediately. She had many of the traits that I liked from other characters (Hina's strength and leadership, Maria's maturity, Nagi's mistress status, Isumi's mysteriousness, Ayumu's straightforwardness), but she had her own flavour. In addition to her positive traits, she also had her negative traits, which I also became fond of. In addition to all of these, she her addition gave Hayate a background, and it gave the story a plot.
*thumbs up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Athena gets karma points. For Athena fans, you get to live with the knowledge that she's mature, cool, attractive, magically powerful and very perceptive. Congrats, your fandom has been justified (if it wasn't already, to you).

For other fans: your girl now has a better chance at "winning".

So, in order to make this truly a win-win, everyone should become fans of Athena and her personality, and then promptly begin shipping another girl with Hayate. WIN-WIN SITUATION.
lol good analysis... the ship with nagi has already started in 265
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote