Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 23:07   Link #8548
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I'm starting to doubt the "Finish the manga now or lose it" explanation now, since he went back to announce his next project would be with Kodansha anyway. What happened? Did they buy him off, or was the popular guess just a fanmade excuse (remember he never officially announced a specific reason for the abrupt end. All we got were conjectures based on his fallout with Kodansha, but we never got to see which circumstances went on between that and the reconciliation)?

If he doesn't come back to Negima right after this, now he's apparently got no beef with Kodansha anymore, he'll just be showing he grew tired or sick with the series and dropkicked it. That isn't a good omen for his next project, since there's no guarantee he won't do the same thing when he gets tired again or when he has another fight with his bosses (the same company he had the problem with, after all).

A fanwork artist has the excuse of just quitting when he feels like it, but a professional has the obligation to be... well, professional. If you grow tired with what you're doing, bear up with it. That's why you're being paid. Try finding yourself ways to keep yourself interested, but don't let your audience down.

I have my doubts his reputation could survive if he pulls another "end of Negima" again.