View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 12:24   Link #64
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Ok, Cockroach is then "too nice".
i was kinda surprised about the comments : even doing your best in rational choice, he can jeopardize the pace and flirting with the opposite girl while you were expecting to stick with the first one. sad indeed.
Takayuki + anime Rin seem to be saints, comparing to him.

well, i felt the opposite : i'm kinda fed up with low-life male leads, either too idiot or too nice towards the girls, hurting all of them. (who said Junpei (Ichigo 100%), Rin (Anime Shuffle!), Takayuki (KGNE), Yuuichi (Mai-hime), Sergey (Mai-Otome) etc?).
actually, i felt the occurrence of a good realistic or bad ass/determined male lead in such shows is terribly rare. (i can only name Yuuichi (kanon 2006) and kinda Mizuho (Otoboku) so far in my memories, that's it -___-")

meh, at least, the undecisive male leads were "goody goody", but Makoto seem to be really the loser BIG TIME

Really? Really! will actually give you the complete opposite insight (and trust me, i hated so much his character in the anime, but he gained even huge positive points in this, and he wasn't that moronic in the original game, fortunately... well so far as i could go trhough of it (i love clumsy and slow "babelfish"like translation...))

meh... i fear some KGNE syndrom here, so i'm wondering how they will build the story to avoid some "deja vu" ~~ (and frankly, KGNE was still solid because of the drama factor, uncontrolled by the characters. over here, everything depend on the low-life male lead... huho...)
or are there things depending on other factors beside/beyond makoto's choices? (i hope so, otherwise the pace would be terribly awkward...)
Yes, Cockroach may be too nice of a way to describe him.

There is another girl, Setsuna, I believe, who is the main heroine of Summer Days ( someone need to verify this information for me ), and has as much following as two lead girls in Korea and Japan. One of the ending has her meeting Makoto again, for very serious reason, and I mean really, really serious reason. There exist a possibility that Setsuna might pull off Asa Shigure of Shuffle, and be the one that ends up with Makoto, and they might even have their parents forcing them to wed ( this part is not in the game, just my speculation ). That might not be bad, as they could have all three main characters slapping each other for a while before everyone else join in on lynching Makoto, being careful to avoid permanent injury for poor Setsuna's sake.