View Single Post
Old 2012-12-29, 00:11   Link #60
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I think it's fair to say at this point that not even the top tier fighters can easily overwhelm the strawhats anymore. Statements like "they still have a long ways to go" or "they're not ready to contend with the big players yet" are quite frankly unreasonable. We're 60% through the story according to Oda, and by doing the math that leaves us with approximately 10 years left of the story. If they're not ready to face off against the elites now, then when will they be? I'm adamant in my claim that Luffy is now high-high tier, with Zoro and Sanji being mid-high tier at the very least. Anything less than that is nonsensical and a slap in the face to the time-skip training. One Piece has always had steady/gradual strength progressions, and this new world portion of the story should be no different. If people still insist on classifying the strawhats as "not ready yet" or having inadequate strength, then that means they have to jump ridiculous leaps and bounds to reach the top in a 10-year time frame. Does that sound feasible? Judging by history, not really. Unless Oda plans on doing another time-skip, absurd power-ups after each arc would be needed to close the gaps which isn't his style.
Zoro
I think Zoro is either equal to Luffy or stronger.