View Single Post
Old 2019-01-12, 11:16   Link #13923
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Eh. I don't think so. At least to me, he was interesting since he was actually limited. He could go out and match a top ranker for a minute and HAD to actually outthink the enemy in order to get that one killing blow.

So him figuring out Ouma would have been fine. But him doing so without his main trick is less so. With him it was never supposed, IMO, to be about power levels. He can only work his trickset because he is smart. And so I'm fine with him being able to fight only a single B or A ranker per day. This was why the two matches in a day was rough.
But if Ikki could only match up to high ranking fighters for a minute, he would always be second-rate, no matter how skilled or clever he was. Not everyone is going to be like Touka and deliberately challenge him in close range, despite the disadvantage to them. That's exactly why the author came up with Ikki stealing Edelweiss's technique, so Ikki could become a first rate Blazer.

Quote:
IMO it would have been better if the Stella fight was much more one sided in her favor, and then he HAS to break through. This way it seemed he could match her which is a bit.... to me.
Considering how riduculously powerful Stella is, she would simply finish him off if that happened.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote