View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 17:24   Link #1959
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just wanna let this off my chest.

Can’t say I hate the story or the anime in its entirety, but I just plain don’t like the concept of the “Mystic Eyes of Death Perception” in Kara no Kyoukai. I mean, an eye that can see the “death of things” is still acceptable to some extend. But, to be able to destroy almost anything by only stabbing it once in a certain spot by regular knife, swords, ruler is just plain ridiculous. To add insult to injury, stabbing the “death-dot” can even destroy the “concept of things”. In other words, it can destroy souls and bypass reincarnation. What? Seriously? And that can be done with one stab to the victim using ordinary weapon and ordinary body (not counting the eyes)? It doesn’t add up imo.
Not to get into an argument here, but I find Kara No Kyoukai to be a much more interesting series than the other Nasuverse series precisely because Shiki is not stupidly overpowered on a Dragonball-level. Shiki's fights seem more exciting simply because there is a sense of danger. She is not immune to bullets, knives or other weapons (granted we never see her get shot with a gun, but I think we can assuming it would hurt her) etc. To put it in the words of Shirou of F/SN, she dies if she is killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Sword Art Online its premise was interesting but I felt like it was executed awful and the side characters seemed more interesting than the main characters.
I'm not saying I hated SAO, but Ichuki hit the nail on the head here. The side characters are much more interesting than the protagonist or the main love interest. In particular, Sinon of the Phantom Bullet arc of the LN is a much more interesting character than Kirito will ever be (to say any more would entail spoilers).