View Single Post
Old 2009-07-24, 17:25   Link #1281
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
IIRC not even Dullindal's pawns had a lot of positive things to say... Even Shinn & Rey agreed with it only because it was Dullindal's plan and they would do anything to further his plans... Most of the ZAFT people had doubts about it
Hey pretty much everyone thinks the DESTINY PLAN was stupid (especially how it's explained and demonized in the show itself)...But for as stupid as it was, it still had no immediate power to do anything to the point Team Clyne suggested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Watch the show again - nobody said anything positive about the Destiny Plan other than Durandal and his pawns.
Now let’s be fair…I never said Billions of people agreed with him, just that if he wanted a plan such as DESTINY to work, millions, if not billions of people WOULD HAVE HAD TO support the plan (Because of the invasive nature of the plan essentially—Also that this was not close to the threat Lacus magically made it seem)….With that said he had clearly been shown to be someone a majority of Earth and Space were willing to listen to if not follow…It is only after he tries to destroy Orb with a giant laser that he ultimately lost his credibility…Even attacking Orb who was hiding Djbril was more than a fair element he could use to advance his agenda…Once he went George W. with the laser though, he was cooked (Although the people on Earth who didn’t know this were still on his side)…

Quote:
He did that because his entire plan up until that point was ruined beyond repair, and so intimidation was the only recourse left to him.
Again, until the point he fired Messiah’s hot-spring of youth @ Orb he wasn’t ruined beyond anything….His plan was set, and people would have had to accept it or reject it, because by threatening them @ laser point (Before he fired on Orb) would have countered every move he made in the show up to that point…Dullindal wanted a smooth implication, but obviously Team Clyne had other ideas…

Quote:
You do realize that there's a vast gulf of distance between "not fully understanding a character" and "not understanding a character", right? As a matter of fact, I have a very good idea of what reason Lacus had for doing everything she did or didn't do in Destiny. In any case, just because one doesn't understand a character doesn't make a character "hax". The only thing that can do so is if the only possible explanation for their actions is authorial fiat. Good luck trying to pin that on Lacus .

I think its borderline SOMETHING that the same guy who reads all this deep mysterioso-ness and enigmatic brilliance in a character off-screen such as a Lacus Clyne is the same person who would chide another for characterizing her based on what is shown on-screen…I swear what she did off-screen trumps it all to you…LOL, you are indeed a similar person…You checkerjump over a lot of peoples’ points to reign based on subjective $hit totally found off-screen…I choose to examine the Lacus Clyne we are shown in the series, and that chick my friend, is no Mid 80’s Russian chessplayer…