View Single Post
Old 2010-07-18, 23:12   Link #328
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It will be greatly appreciated if the community refrains (I can't really stop you though :P) from posting subjective opinions on Wikipedia without a comprehensive understanding on Wikipedia's editing guidelines. Thank you.
As a former Wikipedia editor myself, I can tell you that most of the content in anime/TV series/popular culture articles at Wikipedia is fancruft, original research, or in-universe writing that ought to be purged if those articles shall ever be taken seriously. Unfortunately, Wikipedia is overrun by lemmings who will defend their fancruft religiously. However, this is not the right venue to discuss that...

It would also be greatly appreciated if you did not make assumptions about whether or not people here have comprehensive understanding of Wikipedia policy - we have a number of Wikipedians here (all that fancruft has to come from somewhere ). There's also nothing subjective about that opinion - it is a fact that currently the DnYnD article over there contains major spoilers that most readers of this thread would be well advised to avoid, regardless of whether it's in the spirit of Wikipedia or not. Of course, most of us already know to avoid Wikipedia because these things happen
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote