View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 14:41   Link #79
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh, so did you forget that the reason Crocodile joined Luffy in the first place was so that he could KILL Whitebeard? And this was despite him not being on Luffy OR the government's side? And he was already an ex-warlord by the time the war came around, so he doesn't really have jack to do with my point about Law. Jinbei doesn't count either since he quit of his own volition (notice that he wasn't stripped of his status when he was imprisoned in Impel Down). Fact is, it's not going to look good for the government if they have to constantly boot warlords out of their ranks. I mean, if insubordination were really that great an issue, then Doflamingo for instance would have already lost his position looooong ago. Dofla, who was literally playing around with vice-admirals like puppets when he was first introduced.

But I stress again, Law helping Smoker to resolve the Punk Hazard conspiracy would work wonders for him AND the government. Because as I already said, the Shichibukai's duty is to maintain order in the world's balance, and nothing more. I mean damn, if the government could overlook Doflamingo dabbling in slave trade (in which the world nobles even participated in, in case you forgot), I'm sure they'd turn a blind eye towards whatever shady business Law's up to as long as he helped stop Caesar from creating nukes or whatever doomsday weapons he's been building in his lab......

Hey, wasn't Jinbei openly allied with Whitebeard when HE was a warlord? And like I already said, it wasn't the government who revoked his position, it was he himself who renounced it. At most, I could see the WG keeping a closer eye on Law if they were to learn of his alliance with Luffy, but they wouldn't take any direct action against him unless they were absolutely certain that his plans would jeopardize their existence....
Judgement
Jinbi and Croc do matter. Do you think Croc would have lost his title of the WG had known what he was doing in alabasta? Alabasta is a member of the WG. Jinbi was brought to Impel down for refusing to fight White Beard, his title was already up for questioning. If Jinbi had stayed at impel Down do you think the WG would have taken away his title after the war? Second can you compare Law's alliance with Luffy to minor infraction like playing puppets with Vice Admiral, having slave trade, and over looking other petty crimes? You seem to think all actions the Shichibukai do are equal and should be judged equally. In the situation like this the WG can not have a one size fits all judgement on the Shichibukai. Each one and there actions has to be decided on weather they are Liability or beneficial. The WG did not give Croc back his Title and Daflamingo was given orders by someone higher then Sengoku to kill Moria, proves that there is only so much the WG is willing to put up with. If Law is not working for the WG (Like I think), he could loose his title if the they know about the alliance.

Law working for the WG?
This whole argument got me thinking. Law was at Marine Ford and Marines had identified him. Even Admiral Kizaru called him by name and recalled him at Saboday. Why would the WG give Law Shichibuaki title knowing he helped Luffy survive the onslaught at MarineFord? Did Law and the WG make a deal? What if some of the pirates hearts that Law handed the WG were from his own crew? That would explain why his crew has not been seen so far. That last question was a little extreme and unlikely scenario.