View Single Post
Old 2013-09-06, 18:20   Link #92
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
This episode had somewhat poor character design, and it I feels the characters and slice-of-life elements (even the fanservice) are less well managed compared to S1, improving though. Possibly not doing the Sisters arc and staying true to S1 from the very beginning would have helped. I mean episode 1 was incredibly good. The Sisters arc distorted the basis of Railgun, and its negative effects are yet to vanish completely.
Still, I find the new arc fully enjoyable with a nice feeling to it. I can feel that the creators are trying to find their way back to the original path. Febri was lovely as always, the way she calls certain girls is so cute: Uiha, Wanna, Atsuki:3 I'm sure everyone will continue to treat hear as human being.
So I argue railgun has 2 aspects: the cute lives of a few groups of girls, but also how their friendships break apart when they face the true terrors of the dystopia that they live in. Both aspects exist, so both are necessary. You can say fine maybe they should have done another arc other than the sisters arc, but the point is that was an excellent way to portray an introduction to the viewers of how dark the city can be. Think of other "slice of life" shows that end up being dark and depressing it's a similar thing.

I really want to point out one more thing though. The true world AC is based on is more like season II. When you are happy and ignorant of the truth and what is really going on you have season I. It isn't exactly like this shouldn't have happened given how dark we've already seen AC can be.

First season was protect, second season was destroy. Third season will probably go even further following a natural progression, but we will have to see.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote