Thread: Da Capo 4
View Single Post
Old 2021-04-21, 10:50   Link #21
Vegard Aune

...Well a few days after that announcement they still haven't really properly told us what it is, but they did reveal that... the director is different from the base game. Which to me at least casts some doubt on the idea that it is, in fact, the same game, because if it's just the same game with some slight tweaks, why would they need a new director? That said, preorders are apparently starting on the 30th so by then we should know what it is.

Anyway I've been playing the base game pretty extensively. I'm not 100% there yet in terms of being able to easily play untranslated visual novels but I'd say I'm grasping, like, at least 80% and there's really only been like one or two cases where a scene has played out and I wasn't entirely sure what was being conveyed in it. Having now cleared six routes and started Arisu's, I feel like I can fairly confidently start giving some opionions on the game as a whole... So excuse me while I just start doing a whole bunch of rambling thoughts that can kinda be considered a review of the game up until this point.

Spoiler for A whole bunch of rambling thoughts that can kinda be considered a review of the game up until this point.:

tl;dr: This game is extremely weird but I like it. Excited to see what Arisu's route has in store. Though I have seen some spoilers that have given me at least some idea.