View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 04:10   Link #2087
trenton_dawn
Silt

I actually didn't think K-ON was that funny either, although my wife does (maybe my sense of humor just isn't in tune with the show). And the plot bait-and-switch annoyed me for quite a while. I think what warmed me up to the show is that I did end up liking the characters. Although they're not that deep I found them endearing (although I get if people don't think so). For example, Yui's always-sunny disposition made up for her airheadedness. And I thought the characters interacted really well with each other, it was really believable that they were such close friends.

The fact that we never see them practice actually never bothered me. I think it's because their practice is stated/implied in the show (for example, Yui continually playing the guitar instead of studying for tests), and while I'd like to see more of it, other people probably don't and it wasn't really a focus of the show.

I did think season 2 was much stronger than the first, possibly because with a full 24 episode season they had more time to flesh out the characters.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote