View Single Post
Old 2018-01-28, 09:57   Link #5
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/#27
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2800079

Quote:
Today is the day EXTRA anime finally starts.

I am taken aback because it took long to get here, but when I look back, there were only happy things.
I've been blessed with several animations so far, but this is the first time it's not an "anime adaption of a game" but a "book I wrote to be animated".

"You can go wild with your taste. Do what you want"

These words that were said to me in the 2nd meeting are the base of "Last Encore".
(And this is how I got my engine running, but since I have no experience with writing anime scenarios, I wrote the source novel-ish book for "Last Encore", and had Sakurai-san help me adapt and adjust that into anime scenario format.)

Through "Last Encore", I tried to make it something that feels different depending on whether you know the premise.
For the people who will watch this anime as their first "EXTRA" experience, I want this to be the starting point where they become interested in the original game and the comics (5 volumes in total, on sale from Kadokawa!)
For the people familiar with the original game, I want them to go "What...?" at the differences.
So people can have fun playing EXTRA after watching the anime, and people can have fun watching the anime after playing the game.
I hope we made something that can be enjoyed both ways.

No matter how much your form changes, no matter how much time passes.
If the soul in the core is the same, then the conclusion will always---

... enough with blabbering.
This is the first time working on something big with SHAFT, but they were very patient with this troublesome project, sometimes surpassing my imagination with how wonderful they were.
Thank you very much.

So --- I hope you will stay with us for one season.
Please enjoy "a unprecedented Fate" by SHAFT.
From Nasu's blog yesterday before the anime aired.

Episode thread when?
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote