Thread: Steam games
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 18:44   Link #9
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I find the whole Steam concept unacceptable from a consumer and security standpoint.
I can see where you're coming from, but a lot of people seem to like the system for the convenience it offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmm, I guess I'm not the only one that gets motion-sick from *some* first person games. I figure it has to do with camera jitters or "world engine" --- just something gives me miscues and then I have to go lay down. I used to engineer flight simulators (the big ones on 6 DFOM hydraulics), ride roller coasters like crazy, etc. .... but a few minutes in HL2 and I'm out.
Yes, I also think it's the camera jitters. I can play DoD and CS for hours on end without any unpleasant "side-effects," but a couple minutes of Half-Life 2 will put me out of commission for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
[DOT].L where do you exactly live? Because if you live in either Central or Pacific time zone, I would recommend the {GSR} servers which are ranked 2 and 4 out of all DoD servers.
I've already got those on my favourites list. I also enjoy playing on the SK (suicide kings) server. I miss the days when friendly fire was the norm on DoD.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote