Thread: uchiha itachi
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-04, 13:27   Link #62
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Well for the most part you guys are right. But let me make little pointers here

1)I certainly agree the anime alone means nothing. But used in conjunction with the manga can strenthen an argument. the fact of the matter is these guys have to make the same calls we make from the same material and the fact of the matter is these guys have to stake their reputations on these calls. The thing about the kusanagi sword and its shape seems a rather minor thing, though I honestly don't recall what you say about a change in shape. Still that wouldn't bother me. What would bother me is if they altered its properties or something. But the first 2 sentences sum up my whole point. If there is a gray area in the manga, but is shown in the anime, what the anime shows is probably the stronger of the 2 sides. To me whether or not the 4th was in that casket is definitely a gray area.

2) About the exploding shadow clone, I'm not sure what you really want from me. I concede the it very well may have been a shadow clone, but its also clear that people have difficulty in identifying clones, much less what type of clone it is. If I could look at a clone, and tell immediately it was a water clone for example, that would mean I could identify a person and a water clone pretty much instantly. But so far, nobody can. Byakugan users have to turn on their abilities in order to even have a decent shot. However being able to identify a person and a clone requires less specificity than being able to tell one type of clone from the other. My point is, most people (kakashi and itachi included) can't even do the easier of the two (which is easier, telling a clone from a person, or telling one type of clone from the other before either clone is dispelled or destroyed? Clearly the former). About the zabuza clone, its obvious the other zabuza was a clone because the real one was 2 feet away from kakashi trapping him. And it's obvious the other clone is a water clone because it was formed from water right in front of kakashi's eyes (not sure if thats in the manga too). Even without that being in the manga, because we'd already seen one water clone be dispelled, its clear the other clone used by zabuza too was a water clone. However its obvious kakashi can't tell water clones from zabuza upon sight, since kakashi tried to kill a water clone that he thought was zabuza. The one he recognized was the one that was formed right in front of him after he was trapped in the water prison. Itachi too made the mistake of attacking a kakashi water clone (even he couldn't tell it was a water clone). So how can kakashi securely say "thats a shadow clone"? He might have known it was a clone because the real itachi was 20 ft away, but what type of clone? If he can't tell a water clone from a real person, how can he tell a water clone from a shadow clone from a mud clone (at least until the clone is dispelled or destroyed? (Are mud clones really anime filler? Oro didn't use them against sasuke, anko, and the 3rd hokage?). But because thats what they said for now thats what we have to believe. Thats really all I had to say.

3)I still really have a hard time with your definition, but I will try and work with it. Let me ask this though: so 1000 clones is really bad. Why don't we see people use the 10 clone variation? Or the 20 clone? Why was the third so hesitant to use it just to create 3 clones? And why don't we see more people training with shadow clones? They may not be running 1000 or 200 like naruto, but even with 1 clone cuts training down by half. Again, my point about your definition is that it makes the jutsu too useful and yet in practice it seems its not that useful unless you are Naruto. So that is where I'd like to you [Rurik or any bystander] to pick up. The standard definition explains all of these things.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote