View Single Post
Old 2007-04-25, 21:38   Link #1650
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
So, uh, how exactly does one eat cake with a normal distribution? Because speculating about that has been making my brain hurt...
The way I take this is that in a given bite the percentages of strawberry, cream and cake have to follow a normal distribution, so that most of the time the ratio between them is fairly constant. Maintaining that ratio should produce an ideal cake-eating experience, as long as your percentages don't vary by more than a standard deviation. And yes, I'm the guy who goes back to the bowl of cream just because I'm nearing the end of my slice and the ratios are off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its rare I come across an ANN review that likes the sort of thing I like, so I long ago figured they lived on the other side of the anime spectrum and, if anything, they're kind of over-reaching by calling themselves the "anime news network" rather than the "some parts of the shounen news" spectrum or something similar.
That reminds me of when my local paper published an index of movie reviews from a bunch of major reviewers, so that you could see what they al had to say about a given film at the same time. I quickly came to realize that the NY Times movie reviewer was one of those dramatic film snobs who thought The English Patient was the greatest thing to ever grace the big screen. My tastes were pretty much the complete opposite of theirs, so the harder they panned something the more I wanted to see it.