View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 02:33   Link #281
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
What's the updated apology? I would be interested in a translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, you had it right the first time.

This whole situation stinks to high heavens, you have that rather incriminating video evidence and radio show, and you don't think that anybody involved in this had ill-intent? Heck, your own questions make it clear just how unlikely it is that no ill-intent was here. Going by Occam's Razor, what's the simplest solution to the questions you're raising? The simplest solution is that there was malicious intent here, even if many of the people on the Kokoro Connect anime team thought it was a simple and legit publicity stunt. Why did some people go overboard, drag things out so much, and "beat a dead horse"? I think it's because that was the whole point for those people - It was intended (again, just by certain specific people) to humiliate Ichiki.
I agree that there could be ill intentions, but maybe most within the staff may just have been "going along with the flow" without thinking twice. Now that's still their problem for not thinking a bit more about how this may affect Ichiki. But what I'm really wondering is, is there one mastermind and the rest took on the naive roll of "follow the leader" or did everyone who was involved thought this was funny? Is there even a clear distinction between the two? Just like you said, I'm more interested in who these "certain specific people" are and whether or not the seiyuu, who got the most heat after Yamanaka, are in the "follower" or "planner" crowd or if it even matters.

I'm just trying to flesh out my opinions and throw ideas out there...and try to see if I can come to Klashikari's conclusion or someone else's after a while. The questions I posed were actually meant to question my new stance, but I think you got that. I like being my own devil's advocate.