View Single Post
Old 2013-04-06, 10:10   Link #703
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
We're dealing with an already established cast with Innocent, so there is no need to do yet another tragic past.
We're dealing with an already established cast with the Nanoha A's movie, so there is no need to establish everything we already know about these characters.

That would throw a rather big wrench into your Nanoha A's movie critiques, wouldn't it?

If it's not acceptable for the movie, why is it acceptable for the manga? In both cases, you want to appeal to brand new viewers/readers, right?

Quote:
And Force and Vivid prove another point I made before, about how you don't need NanoFate focus to make this series successful.
Vivid sells better than Force, according to what Keroko told me. Which of the two has more NanoFate focus?

NanoFate brings the series more commercial success.

Quote:
Hence, you can drop the NanoFate scenes and the dream eater sequence, and the A's movie would still have been successful. Otaku will still buy everything regardless.
People underestimate Otaku sometimes. Some people used to think that Otaku would by anything "KyoAni", but that has been proven false in recent years. Otaku can be discerning.

What you call "fluff" is material that moe fans tend to love. If you remove too much "fluff", you lose many of those moe fans. This is the cute, heartwarming material that, like it or not, they want.

Quote:
Then you aren't really reading anyone's posts,
Sure I am. When people are consistently, if not constantly, belaboring an argument against NanoFate's impact on the Nanoha franchise, that's rather suggestive.

Quote:
when they've tried to explain their nuanced viewpoint.
Yes, because nothing says "nuanced" like arguing that a romance between two major characters is ruining an entire franchise.

Quote:
You see things only as a binary like/dislike,
No, I don't. But if I truly liked something, I wouldn't spend most of my time expressing criticism of it and its effect on the franchise. That seems rather odd to me.

Quote:
If you truly think I hate NanoFate, then you haven't read chapter 21 of Future Tense.
People can inject things into fanfics simply to win over and/or please the fanfic's readership. I'll admit that I myself have done this a little bit. It's hardly unthinkable.

If you like NanoFate, then please tell us what you like about it.