View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 23:48   Link #114
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

ok.. i just finally finished going through all 12 epps watching SFW, Mazui and frostiis subs back to back to determine which one im going to keep >_< took forever. I think mazuiis who im keeping for most, i need to go over my notes for the firsst several episodes, but mazui was overall better in most epps (except for 9 they kinda jacked up the scene in the alley i may keep sfw's version for that one)

one thing they all had kinda screwy though is the scene near the end of 12. What the hell does Abe wisper into lawrences ear? Can anyone kinda familiar with japanese fill me in? that scene never made any sense to me and all 3 subs are different its at 16:35 or so

Mazui she says 'i'm hoping'
sfw says 'I had high hopes for you'
frotii says 'because i had my expectations'

none of those make too much sense what does she actually say here? hopefully someone can fill me in because id rather just keep the mazui sub but that one line seems off. So anyone who has some basic japanese that can play that line and say wtf she is saying?

hopefully someone can clear this up because this has been seriously bugging me since i finished the show a while back

I probably have to wait for someone to actually know what she says exactly The question is why is she going down the crazy path of profit over everything even after she saw it destroy the guy that bought her.. the answer is... whatever she said. All them revolve around her hoping for something.. WHAT? it makes no sense to me i thought one of the subs would make sense when i compared all 3 but no luck

itd probably be best to rip the dialog and post it in a section here or somewhere else but im not sure what program to use for that hopefully someone here can help me out

*edit* got a clip of the scene with a crappy free ripping program but it got the audio so thats what matters*
http://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/spicewolfscene.avi

Last edited by kenshin-dono; 2009-10-30 at 00:34.